[maemo-developers] Error building maemopad package

From: Mike Cowlishaw mfc at acm.org
Date: Sun Mar 25 17:46:05 EEST 2007
Hi, I am working my way through the Maemo 3.0 tutorial, and everything was
working as expected until I got to step 4 of the maemopad example.  This
'dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b' appears to go well, but ends with:

  ln: creating symbolic link
  to `/usr/share/applications/hildon/maemopad.desktop': Operation not

  dh_link: command returned error code 256
  make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1

... which is a bit of a show-stopper.  Any ideas as to what might cause

Mike Cowlishaw