[maemo-community] Council logs for meeting on August 10th, 2012

From: Community Council: Craig Woodward council at maemo.org
Date: Wed Aug 15 23:52:51 EEST 2012
In an effort to provide increased transparency of the operation of Council, meeting minutes are being provided via the Community Council blog. (Sorry for the delay in posting this week!)

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting ([logs][1])  
Attending: Woody14619, Ivgalvez  
NielDK is on holiday.  

## Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  * Update on bylaws and presentation/setup for NFP
  * Infrastructure migration issues
  * Preparations for elections
  * CSSU support and issues
  * Misc topics


### Topic 1 (Update on bylaws)

  * SD69 will update bylaws to reflect topics discussed and post to blog/TMO for further discussion.
  * Woody will attempt to do changes and push this before vacation if time permits.


### Topic 2 (Infrastructure discussion)

  * Woody14619 attempted a follow up on Monday, but there was no reply.
  * Merlin1991 informed that there was an issue using the web interface.
  * Woody will try again via IRC and Ivan will try again via e-mail.


### Topic 3 (Elections)

  * If we want to hold elections in September (we do), we need to announce that this month.
  * Elections should he held for both Council and the Board, to best use our limited resource time.
  * Late August for the announcement sounds reasonable, with elections in late September?  But we need to get bylaws up and stable to pull this off.


### Topic 4 (CSSU support/issues)

  * CSSU team looks to have stabilized where they are going.
  * It could be helpful to suggest they formalize and do minutes for their last meeting to make sure everyone is resolved the same way on issues.


### Topic 5 (Misc/reminders)

  * Woody14619 will be on holiday August 17-25th.
  * SD69 will be on holiday August 19-25th.
  * Woody is looking at voting machine docs to see if he can help in the setup for the next election, to reduce time needed by X-Fade to do so.


### Action Items:

  * SD69 to retouch bylaws and post as a blog entry for review by full community
  * Failing that Woody will attempt to do the same and post, perhaps while on vacation?
  * Woody14619 will post bylaws to wiki for markup and review edits
  * Woody14619 to follow up with IRC topic links and announcements once blog/wiki are up

   [1]: http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-meeting-irclog/%23maemo-meeting.2012-08-10.log.html

URL: http://maemo.org/community/council/council_logs_for_meeting_on_august_10th-2012/
More information about the maemo-community mailing list