[maemo-developers] [maemo-developers] Bluetooth OBEX interface

From: Florian Boor florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Date: Wed May 18 16:54:43 EEST 2005

Johan Hedberg wrote:

> We have osso-gwobex (I'm not sure if it's part of maemo yet, but at
> least it's licenced under LGPL). gwobex is a higher level abstraction
> library on top of openobex. Currently it supports only client side
> functionality (File Transfer and Object Push). E.g. our GnomeVFS OBEX
> module uses this library.

Very nice, this sounds useful...

> The idea is that you would ask btcond (from osso-gwconnect package; not
> sure if that is part of maemo yet either) for the RFCOMM device node to
> use using D-BUS and then pass that device to gwobex. There are two
> method calls provided by btcond for this: rfcomm_connect and
> rfcomm_disconnect (com.nokia.btcond service, com.nokia.btcond.request
> interface).

I don't think these tools are included at the moment, but i hope someone feels
responsible for this task now :-) It would be really nice to have a simple and
documented interface to use OBEX from applications directly. But the GnomeVFS
OBEX module could be useful for this task too.

The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: 0271-771091-14
and the reality of tomorrow.            Fax: 0271-771091-19
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904]        florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de

6C 44 30 4C 43 20 6B 61  16 07 0F AA E6 97 70 A8