[maemo-developers] Problem with dbus_connection_register_object_path() and Python wrappers

From: Lauro lauromoura at gmail.com
Date: Tue Apr 3 00:20:34 EEST 2007
I'm writing a python wrapper for libconic but I'm getting some
problems about handling ICd dbus signals.

libconic uses dbus_connection_register_object_path() to register the
handler. When I'm using the wrapper (built with PyGTK codegen), the
library shows no errors registering (I put some g_debug inside) but
the handler isn't called when those signals are sent. If we use python
dbus.Bus.add_signal_reciever, we can see that the signals are sent.

Using the sample MamanFile from gobject I used the same method to
register a function and did another wrapper [1]. Again, the same
behavior.

[1] - http://www.cin.ufpe.br/~lmmn/conic/
--
Lauro ("lmoura" on Freenode)