[maemo-developers] mbarcode/maemo-barcode dialog oddity and progress report

From: Simon Pickering S.G.Pickering at bath.ac.uk
Date: Thu Oct 15 11:01:58 EEST 2009
Hi Kimmo,

> > So all in all it's still work in progress, but it does at least work
> > well enough to test. Except that I use dialogs to ask the user if they
> > want to open a decoded URL/add a decoded vCard, and if these dialogs are
> > displayed the UI locks up straight afterwards. If I comment them out the
> > code continues quite happily after opening the browser/adding the URL,
> > so the fault must presumably lie with the dialogs.
> What kind of windows you are playing with?  We have a special feature in
> Fremantle where Gtk+ dialogs do not use pointer grabs anymore (*, so
> it's possible that Gtk+ gets confused there when it does not receive the
> pointer events.
> *) This is done to allow the touch screen lock to do the pointer grab
> and discard all pointer events even if a dialog is open.

It's just a plain dialog afaik (GUIs also not being my area of
expertise). The dialog does close, so I imagine that means it's getting
the click event, but after it closes the rest of the UI locks up.

The exact code is here:

Scroll right to the bottom to see either the openURL() or addVCard()
functions, which are the ones that use dialogs and then lock up.