[maemo-users] Problems with RSS feed reader in Diablo

From: Andrew Flegg andrew at bleb.org
Date: Tue Sep 23 14:14:10 EEST 2008
On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Michael Conklin
<michael.conklin131 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will try to report it. Being a complete linux novice this may be beyond
> my current capabilities (attaching the contents of a device folder to the
> bug).

This could be an instance of #3335 which I've got to put more info on:

 1) It worked at the summit.
 2) As did email automatic send/receive in modest (#3542)
 3) They've both stopped working since I left.

These facts make me think the two are very related (I'm going to
change the summary of #3542 to stop referring to GMail). The only
things I can think of which are different:

  * I turned off both RSS & modest auto update.
  * I deleted all entries in /var/lib/alarmd/alarm_queue.xml apart from
    the update notifier ones.
  * Rebooted a number of times.
  * Turned on automatic update of RSS & modest.
  * Connected, and saved, the "maemo" WLAN at the summit: this is a new
    entry in my connections db, with no security & no spaces in the name
    of either the ESSID or the connection name.

Since returning to the UK, neither have worked automatically,
connected to both my home WLAN and work WLAN - one of which has WEP,
the other WPA security; both have spaces in their connection names,
one of which has some spaces in its ESSID; both of which were restored
from a backup of chinook settings. (The summit connection was
obviously not restored).



Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew at bleb.org | http://www.bleb.org/
maemo.org Community Council member

More information about the maemo-users mailing list