[maemo-community] Accepting nomination for Council

From: Niel Nielsen nieldk at gmail.com
Date: Sat Jun 28 18:40:04 UTC 2014
Being nominated for the upcoming council election (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1430588&postcount=1) makes me both proud, and happy, so after a bit of consideration time, I accept the nomination (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1430812&postcount=7).

I think most of You knows me. I am the one who bricked several Jolla devices  - but, also I am assisting and helping Jolla evolve, so that the device wont suffer from stuff that is put on eg openrepos.
That is mainly what I do, break stuff  kidding, but it does happen when trying to improve things.
This kind of low.level work is what I adore. I am not a GUI guy, but prefer to work on the very deep basics of our devices (eg packet injection, monitoring mode on N9).
I have several devices, both Haramattan, Maemo, and SailfishOS based - yes - also Android and iOS (Hardly use them LOL).
That being said, most of my development atm is happening on Jolla. Propably like 75%, the remaining 25% is on Harmattan and to add it to 101%, I do spend a few minutes a month on Maemo as well.
I will leave Maemo as for device - but will be using scratchbox for the amount of development I will be doing.
I feel it better that I donate my N900 to the community and in this way helps evolving that platform (this is already announced).
In my spare time, I am a father of two lovely daughters and a huisband.
Job wise, I am a compliance manager, working for a larger aquierer in Denmark. I used to work as a professional penetration tester for a decade or more. But its time to calm down, and do less travelling to enable family time.

My maemo/garage account username is NielDK


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-community/attachments/20140628/0defe023/attachment.html>
More information about the maemo-community mailing list