[maemo-users] N770 Mysteriously Became a Brick

From: Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Date: Tue Aug 28 11:24:29 EEST 2007
On Tuesday 28 August 2007, you wrote:
> remove the Battery and install it again
> or use another battery
> or Try to recharge it

That makes a difference.  Thanks!

It had been recharging for a few hours when this happened and it still 
would not respond to anything I could do without pulling the battery.  
After about 4 hours of recharging, I was trying to find the users guide 
(I know I got one, but I can't find it and Nokia doesn't seem to make 
them available for download), but I can't find it.

I pulled the battery, then put it in again, as you suggested and now 
it's responding.  According to the meter on the screen, it's fully 

What happened and is this going to be an ongoing problem?  What made it 
stop responding?  When I plugged it in to the charger, I didn't even 
hear the usual chime that says it's plugged in.  Does it go into some 
kind of locked mode after so many hours off the charger and not being 

This makes me wonder just how reliable this unit is if it can just stop 
responding like this.  Is there any way to find out why it did this?



> Regards
> Samer Azmy
> On 8/28/07, Hal Vaughan <hal at thresholddigital.com> wrote:
> > Last night I was using my N770 and it was fine.  I put it back in
> > the metal case, with the screen protected, and it deactivated as
> > normal. Today I took it with me, which basically involved leaving
> > it in my car glove compartment for about 4 hours.  It was squeezed
> > a bit, but not by anything that would hurt it.  It's a small glove
> > compartment and filled mostly with CDs in a carrying case, so it
> > was a tight fit, but not a case of shoving it in.  I don't think
> > this could be an issue, but thought I should mention this.  It was
> > only in the glove compartment in the evening, from about 5 pm to
> > 9:30 pm, so it wasn't in there during the heat of the day.
> >
> > I took it out of the glove compartment and left it on my desk.  At
> > this point, it had not been charged for about 24 hours or more.  It
> > was also still in the hard case, reversed so it wasn't activated in
> > 20 hours or more.
> >
> > I took it out of the hard case and turned it around and it didn't
> > activate.  I pressed and held the power button in and it still
> > didn't activate.  I plugged it into the charger and it's been in
> > for over 2 hours.  While I didn't expect that to charge it fully,
> > there is still no response at all, whether it's plugged in or not.
> >
> > What could have happened?  If the battery ends up drained, does it
> > not respond until it's actually recharged?  Does leaving it
> > deactivated draw much battery power?
> >
> > What do I need to do to make it respond again?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Hal
> > _______________________________________________
> > maemo-users mailing list
> > maemo-users at maemo.org
> > https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users

More information about the maemo-users mailing list