[maemo-users] gpe contacts import

From: Graham Cobb g+770 at cobb.uk.net
Date: Wed Apr 23 00:38:26 EEST 2008
On Tuesday 22 April 2008 20:32:25 Mark wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Graham Cobb <g+770 at cobb.uk.net> wrote:
> >  gpe-contacts -i <filename>
> >
> >  or the Tools->Import menu entry
> >
> >  should import a multiple-entry vCard.  If it doesn't work for you please
> >  report a bug in the GPE bugzilla (http://bugs.linuxtogo.org/).
> >
> >  Graham
> It doesn't work. I tried that many times, but the import only worked
> with vCard files containing a single entry. Even two entries would
> result in failure.

It worked for me: I took the time to actually try it before sending the email.  
I guess I hoped you would take a similar 60 seconds to log the bug report.  
But if it isn't bothering you enough to take the time to report the bug with 
a test case to reproduce it I don't suppose anyone is going to spend time 
trying to guess how to reproduce it.

If you wanted a workround, it would also be very easy to create a script which 
takes a multiple entry vCard and splits it into individual files and then 
imports those (or which prefixes each BEGIN:VCARD line with ADD VCARD , adds 
QUIT at the end and feeds it to gpesyncd).  But I guess those are too much 
trouble as well.  Easier to spend time trying to make a Palm app work.


More information about the maemo-users mailing list