[maemo-users] gpe contacts import

From: Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Date: Wed Apr 23 23:40:16 EEST 2008
Mark Haury <wolfmane at gmail.com> writes:

> In my case it was Palm Desktop on Windows XP (which I had to boot 
> specifically for that process - I almost never boot Windows anymore), 
> although when that failed I tried some other converters I found online, 
> still to no avail. While it's *possible* that the Palm Desktop creates 
> malformed vCard files, it's a pretty mature app at this point and 
> therefore unlikely. Even if it is the culprit, it's also a very strong 
> candidate for making allowances in the importing app's procedures. That 
> may not be technically "right", but in the real world it's wise.

I generated such a file on my Palm T5 and had problem importing it. I
think it works if no entry contais 8-bit characters or similar. if i
removed entries with åäöé and so on in them it worked.

/Tommy Persson

More information about the maemo-users mailing list