[maemo-users] n900 - buy or wait?

From: Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Date: Mon Feb 15 23:18:10 EET 2010
> I'm a current n810 owner and like it very much. I was thinking to
> upgrade to n900 (maybe around Christmas) but now after the news about
> MeeGo I think it will be better to wait ...
> If Nokia releases a Linux tablet/phone based on Intel Atom processor
> for example,  in my opinion this will be very exciting ... Any
> comments on this are welcome.

If you are waiting until Christmas already. Then you are already not considering
a purchase now.

If you needed a phone/mobile device right now, I wouldn't let this news
effect you in the slightest. The N900 would be perfectly fine for right now. But
10 months into the future is way too far to forecast on. I doubt MeeGo will have
any effect yet. Especially since Maemo6 is already way too far along. What might
change your opinion is that their might be something like the N810 was for
the N800 coming for the N900 (say, an N910 - totally  not clever, I know). But
that wouldn't be an x86 device.


Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
More information about the maemo-users mailing list