[maemo-developers] [maemo-developers] localization issue on maemo 3.0

From: Kimitake Abe kimitake at gmail.com
Date: Wed Jan 10 20:43:45 EET 2007

I just want to know whether or not "Doing localization on maemo" works.

I created a new po file (ja.po) as tutorial above using maemopad_1.5,
and installed to my X86 platform, and then execute maemopad as follow.

LC_ALL="ja" run-standalone.sh ./maemopad

But it uses en_GB info instead of ja. I made sure there is
maemopad.mo under /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES.

I also updated en_GB.po using Japanese font which uses different
string from ja.po. In this case I can see JP string menu
since maemopad uses new en_GB info (of couse, I have installed
JP true type font to /usr/share/fonts).

Kimitake Abe

More information about the maemo-developers mailing list