[maemo-developers] [maemo-developers] localization issue on maemo 3.0

From: Jakub.Pavelek at nokia.com Jakub.Pavelek at nokia.com
Date: Thu Jan 11 08:57:32 EET 2007

This won't work - run-standalone.sh reads /etc/osso-af-init/locale and
sets the language according to it. 



>-----Original Message-----
>From: maemo-developers-bounces at maemo.org 
>[mailto:maemo-developers-bounces at maemo.org] On Behalf Of ext 
>Kimitake Abe
>Sent: 10 January, 2007 20:44
>To: maemo-developers at maemo.org
>Subject: [maemo-developers] localization issue on maemo 3.0
>I just want to know whether or not "Doing localization on maemo" works.
>I created a new po file (ja.po) as tutorial above using 
>maemopad_1.5, and installed to my X86 platform, and then 
>execute maemopad as follow.
>LC_ALL="ja" run-standalone.sh ./maemopad
>But it uses en_GB info instead of ja. I made sure there is 
>maemopad.mo under /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES.
>I also updated en_GB.po using Japanese font which uses 
>different string from ja.po. In this case I can see JP string 
>menu since maemopad uses new en_GB info (of couse, I have 
>installed JP true type font to /usr/share/fonts).
>Kimitake Abe
>maemo-developers mailing list
>maemo-developers at maemo.org

More information about the maemo-developers mailing list