[maemo-users] Some buttons not working properly on N800

From: Mark wolfmane at gmail.com
Date: Wed Sep 9 06:22:19 EEST 2009
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 4:26 PM, João Marcelo<jmarcelo.alencar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=978
>> I haven't tried the solution yet myself - the details are pretty sketchy.
>> Mark
> the system does performs slightly better after the crawler patch. but
> the problem persists, cannot unlock the keys. the other buttons are
> more responsive while using another applications.
> but not i configured the ssh-server and i'm checking the dmesg while i
> click the button. i get a lot of these:
> EAC mode: play disabled, rec disabled
> is it somehow related or a completely different beast?
> --
> __________________________________
> João Marcelo Uchôa de Alencar
> Computer Science BSc.
> jmarcelo.alencar(at)gmail.com
> http://simetriade.blogspot.com
> Linux User 398939
> __________________________________

So I tried the CRAWLPATH variable patch and it didn't make any
difference at all for me. After some digging I finally figured out
that to keep the crawler from starting all you need to do is add "exit
0" to the beginning of the file. That finally fixed the crawler
problem for me. I sure wish somebody who understands all the
implications would write a better and more explicit set of

Back to your problem, though: I can't say that I really know what's
going on, but it sure sounds to me like you've got a recorder app
running in the background that's hijacking the button input and has
some other problem that is preventing proper operation - maybe it
isn't even fully loading properly. I would try looking through your
process list and/or system logs for any obvious suspects.

And with that I'll shut up. I'm trying to be helpful but I have to
admit I'm in over my head.

More information about the maemo-users mailing list