[maemo-developers] DVD content playback possible or not? Re: Wishlist (was:Re: N800 and USB host mode)

From: Frédéric Crozat fred at crozat.net
Date: Sat Mar 10 17:03:10 EET 2007
Le samedi 10 mars 2007 à 14:50 +0000, Neil MacLeod a écrit :
> Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> > That's why I asked this question in the mailing list. I hope that somebody in
> > a position to make such decision is reading it.  Nokia did some beta releases
> > of OS2006 before, so maybe it could be possible to continue this tradition?
> >
> I asked the same question - "...any chance of a Beta?" - in the Users mailing list a week ago and got no responses. Maybe you'll have more luck now you've posed the question again in the Developers mailing list.

You have to remember that Nokia is a product driven company.

And CeBiT is starting in 5 days, so it wouldn't be surprising to see
some n800 related announcements (following the GPS navigation stuff) and
maybe firmware upgrade.

And Nokia has also just released some new telepathy components as open
source, including a SIP (Sofia-SIP) telepathy component. So, who know,
we might be able to have SIP integrated in n800, without the need of
using Gizmo.

Of course, all things above are suppositions from me.

Frédéric Crozat