[maemo-developers] Final (?) list of SoC projects

From: Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Date: Mon Mar 26 19:09:23 EEST 2007
On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 10:55:35AM +0300, quim.gil at nokia.com wrote:
> SoC mentor? Read this through!
> http://maemo.org/maemowiki/GoogleSoC2007 updated with the latest
> information.
> We have received some projects after the deadline, I believe that
> redirected from other projects or Google's pool. I have marked two as
> uneligible since they contained no project proposals, only introduction
> of students willing to help (they have been pointed to maemo.org mailing
> lists and garage projects, where a lot of help is needed). We have some
> proposals that seem to overlap or be very similar, around location and
> PC-device transfers. I'd say the average quality of the proposals are
> good, some students have put a lot of effort in them already.
> The list of projects and some comments, in no special order.
> - Dasher via Maemo Device as Keyboard for PC
> This one might drop if it's confirmed that a Dasher port already exists.
> Any links?

I seem to remember reading a post by Matthew Garret about Dasher running
too slow on the 770.

Google gives me this:

As far as I understand that's just a port of Dasher.  It is not usable
as a bluetooth keyboard for a PC, unlike, say

Marius Gedminas
The IQ of the group is the lowest IQ of a member of
the group divided by the number of people in the group.